Thursday 19 March 2015

ARIK AIR IN TROUBLE OVER FREQUENT FLIGHTS CANCELLATION. AGGRIEVED PATRON EXPRESSES DISPLEASURE AND DISAPPOINTMENT

For constant cancellation of scheduled flights, Arik Air has entered into the bad books of some it's patrons in the US. The development came about as one Awodiji Funmilayo expressed through writing her disgust in their treatment and disappointment when she needed to travel at short notice.

Arik Air got the approval of the American Civil Aviation Authorities to fly the Lagos – New York – Lagos route recently and there was great excitement from Nigerians residing in the United States.
But at the moment their excitement has been short-lived by the shoddy activities of the airline. Some passengers had even complained over time the failure of the airline to notify the passengers of such cancellations, only to reschedule the flight without putting the passengers into consideration.

A recent case involving a frequent passenger, Funmilayo Awodiji whose flight was cancelled and was made to spend the next 15 hours waiting at the airport for the flight only for Arik to reschedule is reproduced below. In a protest letter with reference number, W3-107 (REF: LOSJFKYCL000/14032015 & W3-108 JFK- LOS, sent to Arik Air, the aggrieved passenger, Awodiji Funmialyo J., said:

“Dear Arik Team,

I am sending this email, with great displeasure and disappointment. I am highly disappointed with your services. Your respect for service/performance deliverables is zero. Your duty to your customers is nothing to write home about. For your services to the USA, you have showcased absolute, lack of professionalism. Words cannot begin to explain how I feel. Why should people trust your services? In the industry, you operate in, if your customers cannot trust your words or rely on your services, it then becomes a major challenge.

And if the airline cannot keep to their promises, then I have a major problem with that. There is a golden rule that says treat people the way you expect/need to be treated in return. Is it a crime to patronize a Nigerian Airline? What crime did I commit to warrant such services from Arik. You have now shifted the flight again by two days… If the organization cannot operate this route efficiently, then shut it down!! for Gods sake..

My name is Awodiji Funmilayo, I initially booked ( ZT6OSC) my flight out of Nigeria for the 11th of March (w3107), and it was cancelled and rescheduled to 14th without contacting me, to check if I would still travel or if the date was convenient for me. In addition to that, we got to the airport and spent close to 15 hours waiting for the flight. Would you do that to a white man? Is it because the airline has not been sued for such actions, that you get away with such services?

I see such actions as fraudulent, because it is obvious that the team cannot maintain these services and they still have it up for people to unknowingly buy the tickets. This is a dubious trend. You are intentionally putting people under emotional and mental stress for no just reason. You have messed up all my plans all over again, I have to be in Nigeria in time to see my kids on their visiting for the 21st.

I want to use this medium to ask for a full refund of my the un-used segment, as I would never use your services again, why should a fellow black treat me this way? I need my money back as soon as possible. I expect immediate feedback, please.

Thank you
Awodiji Funmialyo J.”

Source The Will

No comments:

Post a Comment